I believe the 515B was made between 1955 to 1978, so according to the Manufacture Date Code of 391322 it was been made in the 22nd week of either 1963 or 1973. I'd vote for 1963 due to the low cone part number. Jeff
The 22nd week of 53? or 43...
I was just going by the paint, The First speakers they made were black crinkle paint like yours, then in 54 they were green like on my 604 c's by 64 they were the gray and white paint scheme and then they went to just flat black. I suspect this was reconed at some time with an accordion surround. So I'm gonna go out on a limb say It's a 43 that has been reconed.
Last edited by cradeldorf; September 8th, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Sorry, but I'm already dating two 515Bs. I just don't see where I could find the time to date a third.

The black crinkle has been used off and on, don't trust that to date it.
From the cone number I'm in the same ballpark as Jeff.
Always the rare possibility an NOS cone kit was used to fix them, then all bets are off.
1975 cones for 515B are 21092. I'm sorta leaning for 73. And next likely 63.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
1956 Groundbreaking for Anaheim Facility, since his speaker says Anaheim I'm gonna have to change my guess to 63.![]()
Bookmarks